How can knowing our unique personality portrait create more happiness in our lives? Because the thinking that we are all the same and need to fit into a “box” creates limitation and disconnect from what we know our gifts are.
Ask yourself these questions:
1. Do you sense that you have a bigger contribution to make than you’re making right now, but that there’s some internal barrier in your way that you haven’t been able to release, in spite of being smart, creative and talented?
2. Do you feel a burning desire to express your gifts and talents in ways that will make a difference, but don’t know what it would look like to make your contribution and have no idea where to get started?
3. Are you successful already and have access to resources, and yet you feel dissatisfied and unexpressed?
4. Do you find yourself over-giving and over-doing, feeling frequently depleted by the myriad of demands upon you, in spite of your best efforts to create a balanced life?
5. Do you feel alone and under-supported to bring forth the fullness of the contribution you know you have to make, in spite of having good friends in your life?
To create a life that reflects these deeper potentials you sense, you need to be discovering your Authentic Self, who is who you were put on this earth to be. It takes some work and the willingness to suspend limiting beliefs. It takes courage. But as Socrates said, “The unexamined life is not worth living.”
I, personally, am a transformation junkie. Exploring and recalibrating is constant in my life. I’ve found that, yes, following rules and letting other people feed me their beliefs would make decisions much easier. But the examined life is much more fulfilling. I believe that living to my full potential so I attract more joy into my life is my most important work.
Sally Martin is a licensed massage therapist, yoga teacher and life coach. To join upcoming events in Mason and Austin, go to: http://www.panaceamason.com/event-calendar/